Exploring Being My Own Boss (EBMOB)
What does it take to start your own business?
Before you start your business, attending a NetGain Australia Exploring Being My Own Boss Workshop can give you an understanding of what self-employment and entrepreneurship is all about.
EBMOB might just be the ticket you’re looking for if you have a business idea, or dream of being your own boss, but don’t know where to start. By the end of this free program you’ll be better able to identify business opportunities and understand what’s involved when starting a business.
Exploring Being My Own Boss Workshops involve 10 sessions delivered over the course of 2 consecutive weeks. The workshops can be delivered online, face-to-face or a mixture of both. Delivery method will vary in accordance with COVID restrictions.
What is the eligibility to attend a EBMOB workshop?
To participate in a workshop, you’ll need to:
- Be available to participate in the full two-week workshop program
- Not be employed for more than fifteen hours each week
- Not be undertaking full-time education or training
- Have the right to work in Australia
What will I learn from the EBMOB workshop?
An Exploring Being My Own Boss Workshop will help you start your journey to self-employment by giving you access to 10 valuable workshops:
- Getting Started – Learning to think like an Entrepreneur
- Idea Validation – Mitigating risks in your business
- Brand & Design – Making your business look good
- Going Digital – Getting your business online
- Connecting to the Ecosystem – The organisations in your area that support small businesses
- Startup Essentials – Your legal and tax requirements
- Dollars and Sense – Managing the numbers in your business
- Sell Sell Sell – How to acquire customers forever
- Pitching and Communication – Crafting your elevator pitch
- The New World of Business – The changing face of work
To find out more about the EBMOB Workshop or to apply for the next course, please complete the online form for our EBMOB workshop by clicking on the “Contact Us” button below.