Eligibility Criteria – Business
Does my business idea meet the NEIS requirements?
Before applying for NEIS, our experienced staff will discuss and evaluate your business idea to ensure it meets the business eligibility criteria. This means your proposed NEIS business:
- Will have an independent business structure
- Is lawful and capable of withstanding public scrutiny
- Has been assessed as commercially viable
- Will be established, located and operated solely within Australia
- Will be structured so you have and will maintain a controlling interest over the NEIS business while participating in New Business Assistance with NEIS
- Is either:
- Not operating on a commercial basis, or
- Is an existing micro-business affected by COVID-19
If you have any concerns regarding the suitability of your business idea. Please complete the online form by clicking the “Contact Us” button below.